Tuesday, March 15, 2011

How To Effectively Remove Mascara

Let's avoid looking like this guy. 
The following tutorial will show you how to effectively remove mascara. Sometimes when I'm too lazy at night to remove my makeup, I sleep with my makeup on. Then the next morning, it's twice the hassle to remove, and, of course, it's not good for your skin. I will share my easy tips on how I remove my mascara. It really does make a difference. I generally have dark eyelashes so it's a little difficult to see the difference, but I would recommend trying it out for yourself! All you need is some Q-Tips, and a good makeup remover! I use Clinique's "Take The Day Off" remover.


View this image in full size. As you can see, there is a huge
difference between the two pictures!
Step 1: Soak one end of a Q-Tip in makeup remover. hold it under, and above your lashes for about 30-60 seconds. This lets the remover dissolve any makeup left on your eyelashes. Depending on the makeup remover you're using, careful not to get any in your eye. 






Step 2: Repeat step 1 on all parts of your lashes, don't forgot to do both sides, and your lower lashline. You'll start to notice all the makeup that the Q-Tip is picking up.






Step 3: Once you feel that the makeup remover did it's job, you can use the dry side of the Q-Tip to clean up any extra makeup. 








Remember, the more you repeat step 1, the more makeup will be removed. I hope these tips were helpful and useful!

1 comment: