Friday, January 7, 2011

Beauty Throughout the Ages Series: Marilyn

This is the first tutorial/look of my new series: Beauty Throughout the Ages! I'm really excited to start it off with, of course, Marilyn Monroe. Born on June 1, 1926, and died on August 5, 1962, she has been awarded and nominated on numerous occasions for her acting, modeling, and singing. Shes one of the biggest, and my personal favorite Beauty Icons. Before I begin the tutorial, I want to say that for some reason I was having a lot of trouble getting good pictures, so apologies for that.


Step 1: After priming your eyelids, apply White by NYX Cosmetics to the entire lid, all the way up to the brow bone.


Step 2: Apply a Light Brown (I'm using the 88 Palette) colour to your crease with a thin pencil brush. Do not blend yet.


Step 3: Apply a Darker Brown (I'm using the 88 Palette) colour just above the crease, and blend out with a soft fluffy brush. Blend out evenly, we don't want any harsh lines.


Step 4: Apply Blackest Black gel liner by Maybeline to your upper lashline. Create a small wing, but not so much curvy, more like a straight edge.


Step 5: Apply Flasies Lashes mascara by Maybeline, and Clinique's High Length's mascara to your lower lashes.


Step 6: To complete the look apply True Red lip liner by NYX Cosmetics, and then fill it in with Cockney lipstick by MAC Cosmetics. Fill in your brows with a brown eyeshadow. Add the beauty mark if you wish. I have a beauty mark already, very close to where hers is, so I just embellished it with a darker brown eyeshadow.




2 comments:

  1. Did you announce your giveaway winner?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I did. http://chromaticmakeup.blogspot.com/2010/12/giveaway-winner.html

    ReplyDelete