Saturday, January 29, 2011

How To: De-pot Urban Decay's Primer Potion

Im sure everyone who owns this knows that at some point, you will have to somehow open up the bottle to get all of the product out. So I did a step by step, picture by picture tutorial to show you.

Step 1: You will need a cutting board, a good knife, an empty makeup container (make sure to use a medium sized container), a small concealer brush, and your Primer Potion.



Step 1: On the cutting board, firmly hold the Primer Potion down with one hand, and with the other hand start sawing open the bottle. Make sure to take the wand out FIRST.



Step 2: You don't need to saw through the entire thing, but when it's about 3/4 of the way through, you can stop sawing.



Step 3: You should be able to stretch the bottle apart at this point for easier acess.



Step 4: As you can see, there is a TON of unused Primer. Start scooping it out with the concealer brush into the container. ** I am using Bobbi Brown's concealer jar, but I would recommend something larger.



Step 5: Once again, there is a TON of unused product, and I haven't even gotten it all out in the picture below.


Step 6: Since my jar was too small, I had to take out some of the product and put it back in the middle of the Primer Potion bottle. Make SURE to use something a decent size!


Step 7: I wrapped up the rest of my Primer Potion in plastic wrap. When you go to use your primer, use whatevers left of the Primer Potion bottle first.


Good luck!

4 comments:

  1. It is unbelievable how much waste there is. I reckon we should be careful when opening the jar as some of the plastic can fall into the product and hurt the eyes

    Confessions of a Beautyholic

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's actually ridiculous! I knew there would be a lot, but there was more than half of the entire jar! and yes we need to be careful with the plastic, a lot of it got shaved off when I was cutting mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't want to put that stuff on my eyes after cutting the plastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's why you need to be careful and make sure theres none in the product.

    ReplyDelete